Oakland Grown Concierge Service
Need help finding the perfect gift? Let us know what you have in mind and our elves will pull some levers, sprinkle some magic dust, and churn out a suggestion list of products found right here from Oakland's independent businesses, makers, and artists.
Oakland Holiday Season Media Love
- East Bay Dish - "Where to eat on Plaid Friday Weekend"
- Plaid Friday Weekend Event Guide in East Bay Express
- East Bay Times - "Oakland businesses compete against big-box stores during ‘Plaid Friday’"
- East Bay Times - "Oakland events: Holiday food drive, Thanksgiving dinner, Plaid Friday"
- East Bay Times - "Montclair Village’s Plaid Friday Weekend set to launch the holiday season"
- KTVU - "Shop in Oakland during 'Plaid Friday Weekend'"
- East Bay Times - "How Oakland businesses fared against big box stores Black Friday"
Big thank yous are in order!
First and foremost, a shout out to Kira Pascoe, a champion at community organizing. We can't say enough about the support we've gotten from Harry Hamilton and Aliza Gallo at the City of Oakland's Economic Development Agency. Thanks to the East Bay Express for design assistance and discounted marketing to support our outreach. Visit Oakland is doing a great job of promoting Oakland businesses to visitors. Last but not least, thanks to OUR MEMBERS who fund our work. Oakland Grown spends over 20 hours a week for six months to produce Plaid Friday Weekend and the entire holiday season campaign free of charge for the whole community. Love Oakland? We sure do.